Mr. and Mrs. Galitz

Mr. and Mrs. Galitz

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Camarillo, CA to Holbrook, AZ July 7th - 8th

Lizzy:
Well, I got up at 4:00 am and we were all out the door by 4:38....not bad for two adults, 2 kids and three doggies. We HAD to make coffee in the motorhome before we left, so that took a while. The day went by so fast, we stopped three times for fuel and another time to eat lunch in beautiful downtown Needles, CA....what a paradise!! As soon as we arrived in Holbrook, AZ we all jumped in the pool to cool off after a long and sweaty day across the desert. It was sooooo refreshing. A wonderful dinner of pork chops that had been brining all day slathered with some of my homemade BBQ sauce hit the spot!!! The kids loved the corn on the cob and the watermelon. They walked around the campground playground and gave out glow sticks (our family tradition) and, of course, the dogs all got glow sticks on their collars (another family tradition). Speaking of the dogs, Merit has a very upset tummy and does not feel well at all. I'm sure that she will be better tomorrow. Looking forward to a wonderful day tomorrow. Only 7.5 hours of driving. Today we were on the road for over 11 hours....a long day!

 Phil:
Ok...now the guy's perspective on what happened today.  Yes, as Lizzy wrote we did make it on time....both of us agreed to delay the departure because of a desperate need for coffee,. My daughter did wake up all cheerful this morning and was excited to go RVing and my son...............Lets just say that he didn't appreciate the crack of dawn wake up call and made his feelings about it loudly known.

I have the most wonderful wife.  She takes such good care of me.  Made sure I had a drink or a snack, but I don't get this long day comment from her.  I remember her having a few naps while I did the driving, or she was laying on the the couch reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She has to be close to finishing that book.   I wish I can have some long days like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But she is the best wife any guy could wish for.

I paid $3.79 a gallon for gas in Needles California  (JOY JOY).  We did have a nice lunch next to the Colorado River. I hope you can read her sarcasm in the "beautiful" downtown Needles....It was HOT in the Mojave desert too.

I had a great time and loved every minute of it.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great first day on the road! And you two are so sweet to one another, it's fun to read about. :)

    ReplyDelete